Myths about Frozen Fruit
Did you know:
- Fruit that is too ripe for the markets at harvest time is flash frozen and sold in bags.
- Looks for sales and mix & match berry mixes – I always have about three or four 4 pound bags in the freezer.
- What you get in those frozen bags can be healthy!
- Some even include Kale!
- Make sure it is Organic.
- If possible, make sure it’s NON-GMO.
- Make sure its in natural juice or water and not in any Light or Heavy Syrups!
- It tastes just as good and is just as tasty as using fresh fruit with a fraction of the cost and labor!
- If making smoothies takes you more than 10 minutes you’re doing it wrong!
Here are some examples I have bought and made really good Smoothies with a a little Almond Milk and Non-Fat Yogurt (regular and/or Greek) to get a nice consistency and balanced taste.