This list of Spices are known to have affects that are very healthy for your body. Many studies have proven the benefits of spices in your cooking. Of course, all things in moderation.
- Cayenne: Strengthens the heart, cleans arterial wall plaque, rebuilds red blood cells, stimulates the liver, stimulates the appetite, relieves stomach and bowel pains & cramps, reduces pain signals sent to brain, increases blood flow, boosts metabolic rate.
- Chilis: Are revitalizing, rich in vitamins A, C, B6, K1, potassium and copper, helps digestion and induce a strong stimulant effect. (A key ingredient in the Mediterranean diet)
- Cilantro: Helps rid body of heavy metals, lowers blood sugars, helps digestion. (A key ingredient in the Mediterranean diet)
- Cinnamon: Loaded with powerful antioxidants, helps lower blood pressure, is an anti-inflammatory, contributes to lowering cholesterol (lowers “bad” LDL) and triglycerides.
- Cumin: Is and antioxidant, rich in iron, promotes digestion.
- Garlic: Contains Vitamins B6, C, Fiber, Manganese and Selenium, contributes to keeping blood vessels pliable, lowers blood pressure, assists in reducing (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides. (A key ingredient in the Mediterranean diet).
- Ginger: Contain Curcumin* – one of the most powerful antioxidants, lowers cholesterol, slightly thins blood, improves circulation, reduces muscle pain and soreness, fights infections.
- Oregano: Very powerful antioxidant (4x Blueberries), anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral. (A key ingredient in the Mediterranean diet).
- Paprika (all varieties): Rich in antioxidants, rich in vitamin A and C, keeps eyes healthy, increases blood flow. (A key ingredient in the Mediterranean diet)
- Pepper (all colors): High in antioxidants, rich in vitamins C, thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid, copper, iron, calcium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc, helps digestion.
- Sweet Peppers: Rich in vitamins A, B6, C, E, K1 and potassium.
- Szechuan Pepper: Reduces pain, improves immunity, strengthens bones, eliminates inflammation, acts as stimulant for spleen and stomach, lowers blood pressure.
- Turmeric: Contain Curcumin* – one of the most powerful antioxidants, lowers cholesterol, very strong anti-inflammatory, increases antioxidant capacity of the body, calms the stomach, reduces arthritic and other pains.
- This is one of the most powerful antioxidants out there.
- It does NO HARM to any healthy cells.
- Prevents DNA mutations.
- Directly kills cancer cells.
- Found in the Turmeric plant and a major ingredient in Curry.
- Consume with black pepper to increase blood level (the liver tries to eliminate curcumin from bloodstream but black pepper slows down that process.
My favorite local place to get the freshest spices Old Town Spice & Tea Merchants. They have an awesome shop to visit, an online store, and the best and freshest spices & teas around!