So what is it with Berries? All we seem to hear about is “Eat More Berries“!
Here are the Top 7 Reasons:
- Berries are LOADED with Antioxidants. They contain 10X (that’s 10 times!) more antioxidant capacity than any other fruits or vegetables.
- Blackberries have the most antioxidant power out of all berries! Next comes Blueberries and Raspberries.
- Berries can help increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar..
- Berries are a good source of fiber, and fiber helps reduce the number of calories you absorb from meals.
- Berries provide Vitamins C, K1, Manganese, Copper, Potassium and Folate.
- Many studies have found that eating just one or two servings per day may reduce LDL (the “Bad” cholesterol), your total cholesterol, increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol and decrease blood pressure.
- Berries can be eaten with any diet, meal or snack!