This morning (OK, frequently) my wife requests this delicious dish for Breakfast.
Remember this is a very versatile dish that just starts with Toast and Avocado. It can be modified with ingredients you have on hand in the refrigerator!
2 Slices Trader Joe’s Whole Grain Wheat Sourdough Bread, lightly toasted
1 tbsp, Pine Nuts, chopped
4 Organic Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Eggs, Poached
- Toast bread to desired level making sure it is firmed up.
- Peel and mash Avocado and spread on toast when toast has cooled 20-30 seconds.
- Poach two eggs to desired doneness.
- Place poached eggs on Toast.
- Sprinkle with Pine Nuts.
- Dress plate with sliced Tomatoes.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Mix it up, Make it a little different each time, Enjoy this dish with or without the egg. Look at the Nutrition Fact Label With and Without the Egg – Notice the change is moderate. Remember that eggs ARE healthy in moderation!