UPDATE: I’ve made this many times with various sliced fruit but I think its best with sliced Mango and Strawberries!
I can make this one in my sleep (how simple is that!) and we have this in our house about once a week. You can top the toast with Avocado with just about anything if you don’t want the Poached Egg. (Read about eggs below)
Avocado & Poached Egg ToastCuisine: American
403 or 332kcal
2 slices Trader Joes Whole Grain Sourdough Bread
1 tbsp. Pine Nuts, chopped
4 Organic Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Eggs, Poached
- Toast bread to desired level making sure it is firmed up.
- Peel and mash Avocado and spread on toast when toast has cooled 20-30 seconds.
- Poach two eggs to desired doneness.
- Place poached eggs on Toast.
- Sprinkle with Pine Nuts.
- Dress plate with sliced Tomatoes.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- After making this a few times it gets really quick to make. By the time the Eggs are done poaching I had everything else done. 😉
Note about the Egg: Here are two Nutritional Facts Labels showing WITH and WITHOUT the egg. You can see the Nutritional Values change in the label below, however keep in mind that Eggs have a lot of positive things for us if we don’t consume them (or use as an ingredient) too much. Source (28,29)