UPDATE: I’ve made this many times with various sliced fruit but I think its best with sliced Mango and Strawberries!
I can make this one in my sleep (how simple is that!) and we have this in our house about once a week. You can top the toast with Avocado with just about anything if you don’t want the Poached Egg. (Read about eggs below)
Avocado & Poached Egg ToastCuisine: American
403 or 332kcal
2 slices Trader Joes Whole Grain Sourdough Bread
1 tbsp. Pine Nuts, chopped
4 Organic Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Eggs, Poached
- Toast bread to desired level making sure it is firmed up.
- Peel and mash Avocado and spread on toast when toast has cooled 20-30 seconds.
- Poach two eggs to desired doneness.
- Place poached eggs on Toast.
- Sprinkle with Pine Nuts.
- Dress plate with sliced Tomatoes.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- After making this a few times it gets really quick to make. By the time the Eggs are done poaching I had everything else done. 😉
Note about the Egg: Here are two Nutritional Facts Labels showing WITH and WITHOUT the egg. You can see the Nutritional Values change in the label below, however keep in mind that Eggs have a lot of positive things for us if we don’t consume them (or use as an ingredient) too much. Source (28,29)
Here is an article from the American Heart Association about this topic.