This is an authentic, Italian Pizza Dough recipe that’s been in the family as long as I can remember. Its the same recipe we used in the restaurant and still works great – so why change it.
Pizza DoughCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Simple Italian pizza dough recipe.
4 Cups King Arthur Unbleached White Flour
2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Package Rapid Rise Yeast
1 1/2 Cups warm water
1/8 teaspoon Sugar
- Thoroughly mix Yeast and Sugar into warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes till you see foam forming.
- Put Flour in mixer bowl with dough hook. Add Salt and Olive Oil.
- When Yeast mixture is ready add to the mixer bowl and turn on slowest speed setting. Mix for couple minutes until the mix starts forming a ball on the dough hook and has pulled all the flour away from the bowl sides. You may have to add very small amounts of either flour or more water to adjust it (not sticky but not too dry).
- Remove dough hook and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for at least 90 minutes to 2 hours before rolling into dough balls.
- This is a really easy to make and an authentic Italian Pizza Dough Recipe. It’s really good to make in the morning for afternoon or evening use – but you can wrap with Saran Wrap and store for the next day!.
Easy to make in minutes and can be refrigerated!